How to use Receive from Supplier
The Receive from Supplier transaction lets you record the quantity of the items you purchased from your supplier. It also allows you to record the purchase cost.
Steps to record inventory transaction through Receive from Supplier
1. Go to Stockroom. Then under Adjustments tab, click the NEW TRANSACTION button.
2. Choose the Receive from Supplier transaction then click the Create button.
3. The next page will let you record the transaction. To choose an item, scan the barcode or enter the stock number on the search field above to add the product to the list.
4. Or you can find the item from the product list panel on the right side of the screen.
5. Once you add the product to the transaction, you can change the following:
- Cost – The cost shown when you add the item is the reference cost, or the cost you entered when you created the item. You can edit the reflect how much you bought the item from your supplier.
- Quantity – You should enter how many of the item have been bought from your supplier.
- Discount – If the supplier gave you a discount, you may input it here.
You should already have a product created before you can record the inventory transaction. Click How to Create Product for more info.
6. You may select the Supplier Name and fill up other information before finalizing the transaction. This is optional.
7. Once you finalize all the details, click the DONE button to save the transaction.
8. The transaction will be saved and will be added to the list of Adjustments. Click it to open.
You can download the list of transactions to view it in Excel.