You can record the redemption of a gift certificate via Imonggo Store page on the web browser or via the Imonggo for iPad point-of-sale app.
How to redeem gift certificates on the Imonggo Store on the iPad app
When the customer mentions that they want to pay using a gift certificate, ask them to hand it to you so you can check the details.
- During the checkout, choose Gift Certificate as the payment type.
2. Type the GC No of the customer’s gift certificate and click the Validate button.
3. The app will take a few seconds to validate the gift certificate. It will contact your account’s gift certificate database to check if the gift certificate is still valid, and if it has not yet been redeemed or voided. It will also take the amount of the gift certificate.
4. After the quick validation process, a dialog will show the gift certificate number and its amount. Tap the Use button to confirm.
5. If the gift certificate is not yet enough to cover the amount of the whole sales transaction, it will be listed under Payments Made.
6. Take note that you can allow the customer to pay with multiple gift certificates.
A few notes
- The gift certificate will all be used up even if the amount being purchased is lower than the amount of the gift certificate. Change will not be given to the customer.
- Internet connection is required to validate the gift certificate.
- The validation will check for the following:
- Confirm that the gift certificate exists in the system and is still not redeemed or voided.
- Confirm the actual amount of the gift certificate.
- If the gift certificate’s GC No does not exist in the system, or if it has already been redeemed or voided, the Store should show an alert and the gift certificate will be rejected as a payment.
- Imonggo allows you to accept more than one gift certificate in a transaction. But if you do not want that to happen, just make it a store policy that you only accept one gift certificate per transaction, and inform your cashier about this policy.
Don’t have an Imonggo Free POS account yet? Sign-up for Imonggo now and let us help start your business.